If you have a complaint about a contractor it must be put in writing. Your options are as follows:

1. Contact the State of Pennsylvania attorney general to file a complaint;

Click here to file a complaint. The Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General receives more than 50,000 complaints and referrals each year, which allows them to fight on your behalf. You can submit a complaint online or by printing out and sending a form into their office. The more information you provide, the better they can help you.A registry of complaints is kept on file.

2. Send a letter to lower Merion township;

Township Administration Building
75 East Lancaster Avenue
Ardmore, PA 19003-2323
Attn: Building and Planning Dept

All contractors who are licensed and insured have a file with Lower Merion Township and the letter will be added to the file.

You can contact the LM Township Building and Planning Dept at 610-645-6200 prior to the start of any job to inquire if there are complaints on file. However, you must go to the township in person to review a file.

3. Contact your commissioner:

If you do not know who that is. CLICK HERE to find out how to contact your commissioner.