Historic Strawberry Mansion is proud to present our 5th Annual Holiday Candlelight Tour! Last year this tour sold out early, so make sure to purchase your tickets today!
Guests will visit festively decorated Laurel Hill Mansion, Woodford Mansion, and Historic Strawberry Mansion on this exclusive tour lit softly by candlelight, evoking the past in a unique and lovely way. Friendly and knowledgeable guides share the rich and interesting history of Fairmount Park and the life of the residents who called each of these magnificent buildings home. The tour concludes with assorted hors d’oeuvres and desserts at Historic Strawberry Mansion. This tour is one of a kind and not to be missed!
Transportation to each house is included on a private trolley car. Pick up is at Lloyd Hall (1 Boathouse Row, Philadelphia, PA 19130) at 5:30pm. Guests return to Lloyd Hall at 8:30pm.
Thursday, November 30 at 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Historic Strawberry Mansion
2450 Strawberry Mansion Dr, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19132
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 18TH
- Order firewood. …
- Clean gutters. …
- Get water away from the house. …
- Seal up masonry. …
- Cut down on heating costs. …
- Don’t rake your leaves. …
- Hire a chimney sweep. …
- Call in an arborist. More items…
Day of the Dead Party.
¡Fiesta! – Día de los Muertos.
November 4th – 3:30 – 5:00pm
Learn about the holiday | Try some authentic treats
Make a craft | Learn some Spanish
Family friend event.
$10 per child | kids ages 3 – 14.
*children 7 & under must be accompanied by an adult.
2200 GRASSLYN AVE., HAVERTOWN, PA 19083 | PHONE: (484) 454 – 5124
New Horizons Senior Center has available for seniors in the area!
(1) Full-course daily lunch, Monday through Friday at Noon. The meals are catered by Betty the Caterer and are available for a “suggested donation” of $2.00 for those 60 and older. The donation is returned to Montgomery County and put back into the program.
(2) Free door-to-door grocery shopping assistance! Every Wednesday morning the LMT Township bus works with us to pick up seniors at their home, take them shopping, and help them with their bags back to their front door!
(3) Support Groups – A ‘Caregiver’s Support Group’, ‘Full Circle’ which is a post-retirement support group to help you find purpose and ways to use your newfound free time, and ‘Transitions & Changes’ which supports you through all of life’s surprises – grief, moving, all kinds of loss, retiring, etc.
(4) FREE private counseling with an LCSW, by appointment.
Please share with your neighbors who might need us!
The Lower Merion Historical Society will be making a presention on the history of Belmont Hills at the Firehouse on Thursday, October 19th at 7:30 p.m. The event is free, with light refreshments being provided by the Belmont Hills Civic Association.
Montgomery County residents should sign up for Smart911. It is a free service that residents can use to provide information they want first responders to have in the event of an emergency – like how many pets you have or if someone in the home has a disability and needs special assistance. If a 911 call is received from the phone number in the profile, the profile will automatically be displayed to the 911 call taker. Your information in the profile can ONLY be accessed by the call taker if a 911 call is placed from the registered phone number. Register today. It could save a life! www.smart911.com.
Dress up in your 80’s gear, and grab your dancing shoes! (Legwarmers optional)
The Gladwyne Civic Association is hosting a FUNdraising dance party in September at the Gladwyne VFW! Proceeds will benefit the Gladwyne Civic Association to offset costs of annual events and beautification projects.
Saturday, September 16th, 7 to 11 p.m. at the Gladwyne VFW, 320 River Road, Gladwyne. $25 per person, Cash Bar, Buffet, DJ, Fun!
|Tickets($25 each) BUY NOW|
Includes: Luxury bus, private curatorial tour of the Dale Chihuly works, private room buffet lunch made with fresh and fine culinary ingredients, all-day garden pass and bus refreshments – yes, wine will be served!
Also note, we will have Laura Ducceschi, WAC photography faculty, guide (beginners to advanced) on how to capture the fall landscape. Her personalized instructions will emphasize the changing sunlight throughout the day, exposure, ISO settings, filter usage, etc.
To register, www.wayneart.org or call Tara at 610-688-3553.